Eastland Group Engineering Scholarships 2020
It's that time of year again!
Every year, we award $5,000 annual scholarships to several engineering students.
If you receive a scholarship, pass your exams, and reapply each year, we aim to continue supporting you throughout your studies. This means the total scholarship could be worth as much as $20,000 over a four year degree.
It may also include the opportunity to have paid holiday work over the summer with Eastland Group, Eastland Network and/or Eastland Port.
Along with our Eastland Group Tertiary Engineering Scholarships, we're also offering an Eastland Generation Scholarship for the first time. This is for a student who is specifically interested in a career in the geothermal industry, and is keen to have work experience at our Te Ahi O Maui and GDL geothermal power plants in Kawerau.
Is this you?
To be eligible for scholarship, you'll be:
- A tertiary student in your first, second or third year of study, or a school leaver starting university next year.
- Studying civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical or process engineering.
- From Gisborne, Wairoa or the East Coast (for Eastland Group Scholarships).
- From Gisborne, Wairoa, the East Coast or the Bay of Plenty (for the Eastland Generation Scholarship).
- A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand.
What we require:
- Your CV with a copy of your latest exam results or NCEA results.
- Written reference from your principal, university tutor or dean.
- Written character reference.
- A 350-500 word essay explaining how winning an Eastland Group scholarship will help you, and what your study and career aspirations are.
- A one page budget plan detailing: your expected living and studying costs in 2020; how you intend to contribute to these costs; how the scholarship would assist; and any other scholarships you've received.
- A short paragraph telling us about your community involvement and any leadership roles you may have had.
These should be uploaded and attached to your application as one pdf or Word doc.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please apply now!