Eastland Group Engineering Scholarships 2021
Each year, we award $5,000 annual scholarships to several students. If you receive a scholarship, pass your exams, and reapply each year, we aim to continue supporting you throughout your studies. This means the total scholarship could be worth as much as $20,000 over a four year degree.
It may also include the opportunity to have paid holiday work over the summer at one or more Eastland Group businesses, including Eastland Port and Eastland Network.
Along with our Eastland Group Tertiary Engineering Scholarships, we're also offering an Eastland Generation Scholarship. This is for a student who is specifically interested in a career in the geothermal industry, and is keen to have work experience at our geothermal power plants in Kawerau.
Is this you?
To be eligible for an Eastland Group Engineering Scholarship, you'll be:
- A tertiary student in your first, second or third year of study, or a school leaver starting university next year.
- Studying civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical or process engineering.
- From Gisborne, Wairoa or the East Coast (for Eastland Group Scholarships).
- From Gisborne, Wairoa, the East Coast or the Bay of Plenty (for the Eastland Generation Scholarship).
- A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand.
What we require:
- Your CV with a copy of your latest exam results or NCEA results.
- Written reference from your principal, university tutor or dean.
- Written character reference.
- A 350-500 word essay (or a short 2 - 4 minute video), explaining how winning a scholarship will help you, and what your study and career aspirations are.
- A one page budget plan detailing: your expected living and studying costs in 2021; how you intend to contribute to these costs; how the scholarship would assist; and any other scholarships you've received.
- A short paragraph telling us about your community involvement and any leadership roles you may have had.
These should be uploaded and attached to your application as one pdf or word doc.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org