Assistant Operations Manager
- Competitive pay
- Great training and development opportunities
- Excellent benefits including Life and Income Protection Insurance
- Relocation package - move to sunny Whangārei
Do you have experience as a team leader or operations manager in forestry, stevedoring or other similar, hands-on roles? Are you looking for a new career opportunity with a rapidly growing Northland company that focuses on sustainability?
This could be the job for you.
Situated at Northport on the Whangārei Harbour, Northland Debarking's 1.1-hectare operation is 100% owned by Eastland Port, part of the Gisborne-based infrastructure company Eastland Group. We work hard to create a thriving culture where employees feel valued and rewarded for their contributions. We offer competitive pay, long-term career opportunities, exceptional staff benefits and wellbeing programmes, and more. If you're moving from outside the region, we also offer a relocation package.
This is a great opportunity for a skilled leader to ensure the smooth, efficient operation of our debarking plant. Working alongside our branch manager, you'll be a confident decision-maker who thrives on variety. Your days will be spent assisting with the operations of the plant, including roster management, safety investigations, fine-tuning operations procedures and general plant maintenance. Drawing on your leadership experience, ensuring the team engagement, communication, and efficiency is solid will be a main priority.
We are looking for a person with:
- Previous leadership experience
- A mechanical mind
- A strong commitment to health and safety.
- A clean, full NZ driver's licence (with other licences such as class 2, 4 or WTR endorsements being beneficial)
- A willingness to develop their career
- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
- Experience in the logging industry is preferred but not essential
This is a full-time position for 40 hours or more per week in line with operational requirements. It will include working a shift roster, working 5 days a week with weekend days. Remuneration will appropriately reflect the responsibilities and compensate for the working pattern.
If you have any questions about the role, please call Rachelle Andrews on 021 981 096
Play an important role in Northland's forestry supply chain, and apply now.