Debarking Operations Assistant
Trainee or Experienced
- On the job training
- Secure, full-time, permanent position with competitive pay
- 4 shifts off to enjoy work/life balance
- Room for career advancement and upskilling
Situated at Northport on the Whangārei Harbour, Northland Debarking's 1.1-hectare operation is 100% owned by Eastland Port, part of the Tairāwhiti-based infrastructure company Eastland Group. We work hard to create a thriving culture where employees feel valued and rewarded for their contributions. We offer competitive pay, long-term career opportunities, exceptional staff benefits and wellbeing programmes, petrol subsidies, and more.
Are you looking for a trainee role where you can learn new skills? Or perhaps you're experienced and keen on a fresh opportunity?
If you're new to the work force, or considering a change in career, this could be exactly what you're looking for. As an Operations Assistant you'll:
- Be taught how to operate our debarking machines.
- Discover how hydraulics work.
- Learn about the forestry industry.
- Assist with plant maintenance.
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and the wider team.
- Support the smooth and efficient 24/7 operation of our plant.
You'll be working a shift roster of 12-hour day shifts, four on, four off, with a small team that will become like family.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Show us you're a fit team player, with great communication skills and a reliable work ethic. In return, we'll invest in your training and give you a great start in a new career. Apply now.