Maintenance Fitter & Assistant Manager
Marsden Point, Northland
- Key 2IC role
- Excellent salary, benefits + vehicle
- Career progression with flexible working options
Situated at Northport on the Whangārei Harbour, Northland Debarking's 1.1-hectare operation is 100% owned by Eastland Port, part of the Tairāwhiti-based infrastructure company Eastland Group. We work hard to create a thriving culture with a close-knit, whānau feel, where employees are valued and rewarded for their contributions.
We offer competitive pay, exceptional staff benefits and wellbeing programmes, and more.
A fantastic opportunity has now arisen for a Maintenance Fitter who is looking for career advancement with a progressive and successful company. As 2IC to the Branch Manager, you will play a critical role in ensuring our 24/7 plant remains efficient and operational.
You will undertake daily maintenance with a focus on minimising downtime and maximising efficiency. You'll deliver preventative maintenance and plant asset repairs, as well as assist with the management of the team and workstreams.
This role will be ideal for you if you have:
- A relevant trade qualification.
- A proven track record of planned and preventative maintenance.
- A keen eye for finding and fixing mechanical faults.
- A sense of urgency in solving production breakdowns.
- A strong commitment to upholding health and safety standards.
- Great communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
Hydraulics experience would also be an advantage.
You'll be rewarded with competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including a vehicle, personal insurance and higher KiwiSaver contributions. There are flexible working options for this permanent full-time position.
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you're looking for the next step in your career then please apply online to join our team.