Airport Operations Manager
- A unique full-time role
- Play an integral part in people's journeys
- Career training and advancement opportunities
The iconic, award-winning Gisborne Airport terminal is a stunning gateway to Tairāwhiti. With over 20,000 take-offs and landings each year - including commercial, cropping, emergency, and defence force flights - it's an aircraft enthusiast's favourite hangout. The airport precinct covers an area of around 160 hectares, including sealed runways, three grass runways, a railway line, and short and long-term car parks.
With so many moving parts keeping our airport terminal running, it's our collaborative and passionate team that keeps it all together. Working with us you will share in our ambition to maintain Gisborne Airport's efficient commercial operation, complying with CAA and aviation standards, all without compromising our high standards of customer service and presentation.
With no two days the same, you could be doing anything from repairing fixtures to calling contractors, talking to the defence forces to problem-solving for customers, auditing safety checks to investigating incidents, processing purchase orders to assisting with conference arrangements.
More about you
We're looking for someone who:
- Will enjoy working with the public, customers, contractors and visitors from all around New Zealand
- Is looking for a genuinely unique role that combines administration tasks and operational requirements
- Is comfortable making decisions to ensure smooth daily operations
- Is able to demonstrate initiative and adaptability, and thrives on finding solutions in a variety of situations
- Is competent using Microsoft Office and has a sound understanding of computer systems
- Has a good level of written and verbal communication
- Knows tail draggers from turbo props
If you're a naturally reliable team player, and equally comfortable working on your own, this could be the job for you!
Gisborne Airport is part of infrastructure specialists Eastland Group. We are committed to sustainability and are proud to operate New Zealand's most sustainable airport. We offer:
- Competitive remuneration
- Amazing staff benefits
- Long-term career opportunities and development
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Relocation package
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand